Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ordinary Things

Our assignment from a recent meeting of the Faith Club Circle at church was to photograph ordinary things in our day for the next 24 hours.  In order to share my ordinary things with my Faith Club friends, I am uploading to this blog post.  Be forewarned.  My day was very ordinary, but I am happy about that.  I am truly blessed and take great comfort in the ordinary things of my life.
On my way home from Faith Club, I
stopped at the library to pick up the next book
for my book discussion group and at the market
for a lime.

When I returned home from Faith Club, the library
and the market, there was laundry to tackle.  Recently,
I made my own laundry detergent.  I love it!  Small things,
like the smell of my clean laundry, make me smile.

There were some cards to write for
upcoming occasions.  I have a
spiral card organizer to store
cards as I buy them in advance.  This
means I do not misplace these.
I was planning to do some baking.  This
is my new favorite apron.  Since I
sew, I have a nice assortment of colorful,
fun aprons.  This one makes me feel
SASSY!!
This photo was not taken within the
24 hour ordinary things photo event,
but I wanted to post it here.   We had
the blessing of a getaway week of relaxation.
This is Len doing a little surf fishing while
we walked on the beach.
Haha.  No, I am not getting ready to drink this brew.
Actually, I am getting ready to bake Guiness Beer Bread.
It was delicious with the Vegetable Beef Soup I made for supper.

2 comments:

Debra Darvick said...

Mary, This is delightful. inspiring and totally enjoyable.
What's the recipe for your laundry detergent? I've started making my own glass cleaner. From a site called Crunchy Betty!
Alvin Corn Homemade Glass Cleaner
1/4 c. rubbing alcohol
1/4 c. white vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 c. warm water
Combine everything in a spray bottle, and shake well. Shake well before using, too, as the cornstarch might settle at the bottom (and subsequently plug the spray mechanism if it’s not mixed in well).

Mary said...

Here is the link to the laundry detergent I made. I love it! Everything smells so fresh and clean. I use 2 Tblsp for an average load.

http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html#comments