Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Am Back!!!!

Tax season is over and I am back.   I believe this will take several posts to update the blog, but I will try to be better about timely posting.  Tax season was long.  We had a wonderful, relaxing time in the Florida Keys after tax season.  The Dumpling gets cuter by the day.  He is a delightful little guy, with lots to say now.  I have been doing some knitting and actually have finished projects to share.  That about sums it up in words.  Hopefully, now I can share some photos.

The last full day in the Florida Keys, I fractured my 5th metatarsal in two places.  I am in a boot type cast for about 6 weeks.   Orthopedic doc says to limit weight-bearing activity for at least two weeks and I cannot drive.  So, lots of knitting and reading time.

I finished the Wingspan Shawl for me.  That yarn was purchased at the end of tax season 2012 at a lovely yarn shop in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida.  The yarn is Heritage Hand Painted Sock yarn by Cascade Yarns.
I also knitted another shawl for myself.  This was a free pattern (Lafayette Shawl) from the Red Heart yarn website.  
Some of my fractured-foot knitting, included a couple of hats for charity and the completion of a Prayer Shawl.  The Prayer Shawl was knit with "I Love This Yarn" worsted weight from Hobby Lobby in the color Peacock.   The pink hat below (Encore Colorspun) is the Rib-a-Roni hat found on Ravelry.  The striped hat was knit using Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in color "Caramel".  The pattern is also on Ravelry and is called "Super Basic Hat Pattern".   It truly is a super basic hat pattern.  Quick knit and cute when finished.
Super Basic Hat
Rib-A-Roni Hat
 I have some new projects on the needles, but I will save those for another blog post.

2 comments:

Tara Staehlin said...

How do you so the set up row on the Lafayette shawl....I'm have such a hard time.

I would appreciate your advice.
Thanks,
Tara

Tstaehlin@gmail.com

Mary said...

If you google garter tab cast on, you will see some instructional videos for this.