Thursday, November 10, 2011

One FO and Another Baby Afghan

Yesterday I finished a little vest for grandson, Darius.  Searched through my button stash and found some cute dinosaur buttons to finish it off.   The pattern is from Jill Eaton's book, Minnies quick knits for babies and toddlers.  I made the Newborn size and it used less than one skein of Bernat Softee Chunky in color "Fern". 
Before he was born, I knitted a baby afghan in colors to go with Darius' room at his house.   As I was thinking about this, I decided Darius needs an afghan at Grandma's house, too.  I started a simple diagonal baby afghan from a Knitting Made Easy leaflet published by Coats and Clark.  The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, but I am using two strands of sport weight.  I am using Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport in white and pee wee prints.  Here is a close up of the Pee Wee Print and also a bit of the afghan.

1 comment:

Ann said...

want to see it on him!