Wednesday, November 30, 2011

End of November Update

I am having a hard time believing this is the last day of November.  Yipes!  That means December is tomorrow.  Where does the time go?  We had a quiet, but nice family Thanksgiving.  We took lots of pictures, but this is one of my favorites of Darius.  Some day he will not be too happy about being the object of what all the adults thought was cute/funny, but for now....    Darius says that next year he is wearing sweat pants on Thanksgiving.
 

I finished another prayer shawl.  This one is knitted with Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in "pizazz pink".  I love this pattern and find it very relaxing to knit.  The color was fun to knit, too.  I will turn this in tomorrow evening at Prayer Shawl Knitting.  This make four for 2011.



I also knitted up 4 pairs of little thumbless mittens for Darius.  The first pair was my trial pair and they were perfect so they went home with him before I remembered to take a picture.  They were light blue.  Then, I made 3 more pairs.  I realized that my gauge was little off so went down a needle size for the red ones and the olive green ones, but they all will fit his little hands this winter.  I used a Spud and Chloe free pattern. 

I'll leave this post with another picture of the world's cutest grandson.



1 comment:

Patty said...

That "happy baby" picture is over-the-top! Must be those warm mitties from Gramma that are keeping him so joyfully jubilant?!

from sunny VT,
the Vermonster