Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strawberry Pie

Everyone in my family LOVES this strawberry pie.   It is a recipe I have been making since the first months of my marriage, which makes it a very old recipe.  I have had many requests to share, so thought I'd get it written down here.

Strawberry Pie




1 qt. strawberries, washed and cut up (I generally use more than one quart because I like the pie full.)

1- 9 inch pie shell baked

3/4 c. sugar

2 Tbsp. corn starch

2 Tbsp. corn syrup

1 c. water

3 Tbsp. strawberry jello (Wild Strawberry, if you can get it.  Otherwise just Strawberry.)



Mix sugar, corn starch, corn syrup, and water in saucepan. Heat to boiling. Continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens and becomes clear. Add jello and cool.

Put berries into baked and cooled pie shell. Pour jello mixture over.

Chill for several hours.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my that looks delish. My DH isn't a big pie fan but I sure I'm and so are my kids. I'll have to try this out.