Monday, June 28, 2010

Guild Charity KAL

Some of the ladies in my knitting guild are participating in a charity KAL to make lap robes/throws for nursing homes that will be distributed by our local Salvation Army. We have targeted our September meeting as the time to have our blankets finished so we can show them off and admire each other's choices of color. One of our members presented a very informative and interesting program on the use and choice of color for our June meeting. I have never been confident in my color combination choices so was especially happy that we had a member willing to share her knowledge with us. I have always admired her use of color in her knitting projects.

For the charity KAL, we are using a free online pattern from Spud and Chloe called "Dream Catcher Baby Blanket". Here is the link to this pattern.


I have chosen my colors and knitted 8 squares so far. I will be posting my progress as I knit along on this blanket. That will help keep me accountable and on target, hopefully. Here is my progress so far.
I have another project on the needles that is pulling me away from the Dream Catcher Blanket. I am making my second Rambling Rows Sweater from the Cottage Creations pattern. Here is my progress so far on this project. The yarn I am using is Vanna's Choice worsted weight in colors Pink, Pink Poodle, and Magenta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please update us on the wedding!!!