Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Knitting Photos

Now that tax season is over and I am restoring order to my house and my life, I have a little time to update the blog with some knitting photos. I have a prayer shawl that has been on the needles far too long, but will soon be finished. The true color is not actually as orangey as it appears in this photo. It is called "Terra Cotta" and has more rust than orange.

I have a quick-knit scarf on the needles. This is the Peppermint Special Olympics Scarf. You can find the pattern here: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2010/03/peppermint-special-olympics-scarf.html . I will probably send this one to the person collecting the scarves for Special Olympics after I have a chance to show it at my knitting guild meeting. This would be a good scarf for the Salvation Army's homeless ministry. It is a warm and serviceable item.




More updating to follow. I still have the same pair of socks on the needles and have made no progress on those, but hope to get back knitting on them SOON.


2 comments:

ksknitter said...

Oh, I like that scarf and the shawl! I have knit socks from that very same yarn and colorway!

Give an update on the wedding plans!

searchfamilies said...

Like the prayer shawl very nice as is the scarf & the socks time seems to be the key we just never have as much as we would like to do our crafts
Hugs Janice