Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lighthouses, Travels and More

We are back from our trip to a family reunion in NC, followed by a couple of days at Nag's Head, followed by a mini-reunion/remembrance ceremony weekend in Arlington, VA. I have a fixation with lighthouses so the time at the beach was spent viewing 4 lighthouses, photographing each of those, and climbing the Cape Hatteras lighthouse (pictured above). The view from the top was spectacular. The climb involves 248 iron spiral stairs, but was worth each and every one of those steps once I was at the top.


We spent some time driving around the area and viewing the other lighthouses. We saw the Roanoke Marshes lighthouse, the Bodie Island lighthouse, Currituck Beach lighthouse, and Cape Hatteras lighthouse. Photos in my Webshots album (link to the right of this post).


On Thursday as we were driving toward Duck and Corolla to view the Currituck Beach lighthouse, I spotted a sign and asked Len to stop for a photo op. Being the good sport that he is, he made the stop and even removed his cap to better emphasize why we were stopping to snap a photo. Emily has been known over the years to affectionately refer to her Dad as "Baldy". So, Emily, this one's for YOU!




1 comment:

The girl who calls her dad "Baldy" said...

I LOVE IT!! Hahahaha..I almost wet my pants when I saw this picture!! I'm at work and I literally laughed out loud...whoever is near by probably thinks I'm crazy! I am printing this out when I get home and framing it!!