Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Double Knock-Out Roses

Somthing to brighten up a rainy day. My Double Knock-Out Roses are a sight to see. I love admiring them and smelling them, too. This rainy day will be good for catching up on some things inside the house and of course, will help water these lovely roses.

I am listening to THE WHITE TIGER by Aravind Adiga on my iPod in preparation for my book group's July discussion. Currently reading HOME SAFE by Elizabeth Berg and enjoying that one, too.

I was in a new-recipe mood yesterday and made a big pot of Mexican Vegetable Soup. Yummy! A bit labor-intensive, but delicious and made a good quantity to have some for another meal and some into the freezer.

I should have some knitting photos soon. In last week's sorting and cleaning out frenzy, I rediscovered a bin of yarn from my Mom's stash. This contained lots of single and/or partial balls of bulky-weight acrylic that I am turning into children's hats for my community service knitting endeavors. I would like to stash bust this entire bin of yarn by knitting lots of hats. I've had some fun with color combinations and can't wait to share the results in a photo.

No comments: