Friday, June 26, 2009

Books, Books, and More Books

I should be banned from the library or show more restraint. I love books and I love to read. The photo above is the stack of books I currently have checked out of the library and ready to read. There is no way I'll get all those books read by the time they are due, but I won't go without something good to read. I have finished THE WHITE TIGER by Aravind Adiga. It is the July selection for my book discussion group. I liked the book a lot and look forward to the discussion.

I also finished (on my Kindle) reading THE 8TH CONFESSION by James Patterson. This is the newest in the Women's Murder Club mystery series. Good, fun reading. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Now, the dilemma is which book to start reading next. I actually went to the library this morning to pick up ONE book that was being held for me and came home with THREE. Any serious reader knows that if you enter the library to pick up a book, your body just gravitates toward the new book area and your eyes are drawn to those shelves. So, that's how two more books came home with me.

I am leaning toward starting THE WORLD IN HALF.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, Mary, actually I have not read any of those. But I will add them to my list.

Terri said...

the book thing is the same with me! I make good use of my library card and the online catalogue and request system. If I don't get one read and can't renew it because someone else has a hold on it, I just note it on my list and get it another time.