Friday, November 7, 2008

Fall Leaves and Knitting


The leaves are nearing the end of the beautiful Fall show here in SE Michigan. We raked plenty of leaves in the backyard on Tuesday and this is what I saw from the family room window this morning. Yes, our backyard has filled up again with leaves. There are more to come down and soon the trees will be bare and snow will fall. For now we still enjoy the spendor of Fall.
I am nearing the end of another prayer shawl. I knitted on this yesterday evening. I am using Lion Brand Homespun "Tudor" for this shawl.














I am also working on several charity knitting projects for our local Salvation Army. Below is another side-to-side toddler sweater that I will probably embellish with some decorative
buttons. The other photo below is a mystery KAL challenge issued to our Guild to knit some more things for our local Salvation Army. I can't show a picture of the entire finished object because that is part of the mystery. Obviously, I have good intentions since I have two more skeins of yarn for two more mystery items. The mystery items are knitted with Lion Brand Woolease Thick and Quick. The side-to-side sweater is Vanna's Choice "Beige".







No comments: