Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some Knitting and Some Woodworking

This weekend's post will have some knitting content as well as more progress from the workshop. I am thrilled to report that I have finished the first sock of the pair I've been working on for awhile. It feels absolutely wonderful on my foot and is spurring me on to finish the other sock so I will have this pair of socks to wear when the cold weather hits. Here is the finished sock.





Now, for a few photos from the workshop. Work on Emily's TV stand/bookcase has moved to the finishing stage on the carcass and shelf so it really doesn't look all that different in shape from last weekend. The real woodworking this weekend involves the top of the table. A special jig had to be cut out and assembled in order to cut the tabletop. Next step on the top is to use the router to put a nice edge treatment on this piece.


Here are some photos to show this weekend's work. Don't you just love these action shots with the router?








1 comment:

Emily aka best daughter in the world :) said...

Is that the official "Working on Emily's TV stand" shirt???
I really hope you are washing that thing...