Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On The Needles





I have several things on the needles so I will post an update and perhaps that will keep me accountable for finishing some of these items. The socks have been in the works for awhile now, but actually I will not be wearing them till colder weather so I do have some time to finish them. Several other projects are charity knitting so no real deadline, but I would like to finish some of them. If you have been following my blog, you have already seen both of the above projects in earlier posts. One sock is nearing time for the toe decreases and the other is at least moving along slowly. The sweater above is for a child, being knitted out of a variety of single balls of yarn. This will be for charity.

Meanwhile, I was in the mood to start a baby sweater. This is the Little Lamb sweater from the Precious Layettes leaflet from Leisure Arts. I had a single skein of Plymouth Encore in my stash so cast on for this baby sweater. I always seem to have a dishcloth or washcloth on the needles as a quick, little project. Many of these have been given away over the years or packaged with little hotel-sized soaps, shampoos, and lotions and then donated to a battered women's shelter. The current cloth on the needles is a "scrap" cloth. That means I am using up partial balls of cotton. Generally, these go into my kitchen.

No comments: