Thursday, June 5, 2008

Squirrel Sex Change

My eagle-eye hubby informed me that the *&%@# squirrel is NOT a male, but actually is female. Yesterday when I posted the photo and description of the squirrel event, I made my determination of the squirrel's sex based on behavior rather than actual physical examination. I figured with that naughty behavior, it had to be a male. I stand corrected. Thank you to Len for correctly sexing the squirrel. (I'm still not giving any more peanuts.)



Something fun on the needles. These are the first three wedges
completed on the Windmill Dishcloth, using S&C "Key Lime Pie".
The pattern can be found at
http://sew-funky.blogspot.com/2008/05/windmill-dishcloth.html

4 comments:

kgmiller said...

I may have to try one of these cloths. And of course you are knitting it in green -- my favorite color -- which makes it even more tempting!

sewfunky said...

looks great :)

Anonymous said...

I like the way your greens are coming together. Lookin' good:)

the Vermonster

DawnK said...

Oh no! We had a female squirrel eating at our feeder and now we have the babies there. You could tell she was a nursing mom and also we'd seen her plump pregnant belly, too. There recently was a squirrel that got hit by a car, but I don't know if it was the mama, or not. The babies were old enough to be on their own, though , and seem to be doing quite well. They like munching our seed and I think they are learning that the dog doesn't bother chasing them, at all. They scamper away, when we come outside, but don't always run all the way to the big pine tree in our yard.

We haven't ever started feeding them peanuts, though. I've heard they can be aggressive, when they want a treat. They just get the seeds that fall, by the bird feeder.