Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Michigan Fiber Fest and More

Saturday was a fun-filled day spent at the Michigan Fiber Festival with friends from my knitting guild. The weather was nice and the yarn plentiful. Some of it came home with me. I bought some sock yarns, sock pattern, and sock needles. I see new socks for me in the future.

I have already cast on and started a pair of socks using a new Crystal Palace yarn "Maizy". This is 82% corn and 18% elastic nylon. The color I am using is called "Indian Corn". These will be nice socks for fall.






My other sock yarn is 80% Merino Wool/20% Nylon from
Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm (http://www.ellenshalfpintfarm.com/).





Also on my needles is a prayer shawl, using the traditional K3, P3 pattern in Lion Brand Homespun "Candy Apple" as well as another scarf for charity using Homespun/Fun Fur combined.


1 comment:

mzundercover said...

hi mary,

i really like reading your blog! that maizy yarn looks really neat. i'll have to find out where i can buy some. not that i need any more yarn!

good luck with the kitchen and family room remodeling project!

~mz