Sunday, July 1, 2007

Stash Busting

I have lots of acrylic stash, mainly solo skeins of yarn. I do a lot of charity knitting so this is a good thing, but one can have too much. So, I am focusing on knitting for charity to use up some of this stash. I have had a good week of stash busting. Below is a photo of the three hats and one scarf that I finished this week. The scarf is a combination of one strand Lion Brand Boucle "Taffy" and one strand LB Fun Fur "Soft Yellow". This scarf is shown as a WIP in an earlier post.



I also have some stash busting knitting on the needles. I have another hat for charity as well as a preemie afghan from the July 2005 Creative Knitting magazine. This is a fun basketweave pattern and very relaxing knitting. I am using Caron's Simply Soft Brights "Limelight". It is very soft and a nice bright color. Here are the two stash-busting WIP's.



We have had a perfect weather weekend here in SE Michigan. I've done some walking while listening to James Patterson's book, Step on a Crack. Not highbrow literature, but a good listen while getting some exercise. Hubby is away doing repairs and maintenance on his mother's house to hopefully have it ready to put on the market so yesterday while knitting I was started listening to Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. Great knitting listening since the protagonist owns a yarn shop. Lots of knitting in this book.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay! I love your blog! Just picked it up at the end of your recent email and decided to take a peek.

Nice work, Mary!

Knitcrazy said...

Hi Mary.. LOve that lime green baskeweave..
The Sirdar Pattern for the bolero on My Blog is 3079 done in Snuggly Sirdar Domino..


Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/