Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Babies With The Preemie Blankets


Here are my "babies" showing off the two completed preemie blankets. These were knitted using the Basket Weave Preemie Blanket pattern featured in the July 2005 Creative Knitting Magazine. It is a fun pattern to knit and could easily be adapted for a full-sized baby afghan.


Just to show off my babies a little more, here is a photo of me holding them with the blankets. No, the blankets are not for the dolls. They will be donated to University Medical Center in Lubbock, TX as part of the Knitting For Children yahoogroup donation in July.

6 comments:

DJ said...

Cute blankies and cute babies. I love the blankie colors. I know some new Mommie is really going to appreciate them.
DJ in SW MI

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary: As the Mom of a preemie...I would have loved a little blanket like that.....so lucky recipient and thoughtful knitting gift. Remember how Erica used to fit on a burping cloth? Hard to think about that now! Love the colors
Ellie aka the YOUNGER sister

Cathy said...

Love the colors in your blankets! I too made that same blanket back when the magazine came out, but made it in white. Yours are very pretty.

Enjoyed your blog, too! You have some very pretty things on there...

happy knitting!

Katie said...

Can you send me the pattern? I'm not sure if that is allowed or not, but I would love to have it... blankets are my favorite!!

Mary said...

Katie, You didn't leave me an email addy so I'll respond right here. The pattern is in the Creative Knitting magazine, July 2005 issue so is copyrighted. Perhaps you can get a copy of this back issue.

Susan said...

cute photo with "babies" !
love those baby dolls!