Saturday, June 23, 2007

Scarf is Finished

I am very pleased to report that I have finished my Multi-Directional Scarf from the book Modular Knits by Iris Schreier. I used Patons SWS in the color "geranium". Here is a picture of the finished scarf.

Our knitting guild had a program on mitered squares knitting the other night with the idea of members knitting the Cottage Creation's pattern called Rambling Rows Jacket. I have had the pattern leaflet for several years and do plan to knit one of those soon. In the meantime, I knitted a mitered square dishcloth.

I needed a mindless knitting project for a ride in the car today so started another fancy/warm scarf for a battered women's shelter. This one is using one strand of Lion Brand Boucle in "Taffy" and one strand of Lion Brand Fun Fur in "Soft Yellow". I just love the way the colors of the Taffy are popping out. I am knitting it on a size 19 needles using 10 stitches. I will just knit till one of the skeins runs out.

2 comments:

KarenS said...

Your scarf is very pretty-I love the red yarn :)

Terri said...

I love the multi-directional scarf pattern. I've made a few from the free pattern online. It's a great use of garter stitch and variegated yarn. Looks fab!